Sunday, February 13, 2011

WOW valentines day already! (well tomorrow )

I was sitting down filling out my valentine cards for my friends and family when I realized I hadn't posted anything today. So here I am. I can't believe that tomorrow is valentines day!  Which also means that I will have been married for a year and three months already!! Wow that has gone by fast! Anyway back to valentines I decided that I was going to make wonderful Mom some new hot pads and an oven mitt. Well I now have the hot pads finished and just need to make the oven mitt! I figure that since it is so close to V-day I would just give them to her for her valentine present. Even thought they are not valentinesey (haha new word) at all and I hadn't originally planed on giving them to her for V-day. They were just going to be a gift for fun because I miss her!  She will receive it a bit late since the oven mitt isn't even started and then I have to mail it to her because I live three hours away and don't get to visit that often . But I know she will be happy to get them anyway! After all they were home made with love!! They are not perfect by any means but the goofy parts just prove that they are a product of my love haha and give them a little more character! Plus it was my first time ever making oven mitts what do you expect perfection first time around? I don't thinks so...not with this girl behind the sewing machine! Well anyway here are a few pictures of the super cute hot pads I made for my Mom!!  I love her so much!!!
   


The back of the first one.


The front of the first one


 The back of the second one. I forgot to make sure that I put the loop so that when hanging the dinosaurs would be the standing up right...so now they will be upside down when hanging. haha oh well!


 The front of the second one. The words will be upside down when hanging!

Lastly this is the fabric that I am going to make the oven mitt out of!! they are cute right??  I like them!! I will post a picture of the oven mitt when i get it made!

Do you have plans for valentines day? If you do what will you be doing and with/for who?

No comments:

Post a Comment